Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Grubby's new game

Work has been craptastic the last coupla days, but I can kinda see the light at the end of the tunnel. Over my abbreviated lunch today I finally got a chance to flip through the first draft of Grubman's new game. He hasn't done anything like hand out Non-Disclosure Agreements but I still feel weird blogging about any details until I've cleared it with him. Still, I'm happy to report that overall it seems to have a light, frothy sense of hack-n-slashy fun, taking as much from Tunnels & Trolls as it does Basic/Expert Dungeons & Dragons. I could definitely see running something like Keep on the Borderlands under this system. The die mechanic has a nifty little exploding action, though I am slightly saddened to note that only d6's are in use.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM

    wow. great minds think alike huh?
    over on my blog i just posted that i'm finally gonna take a stab at game design myself. like you, I've started yearning for some good old hack and slash- the way they served it when we were teenagers. keep us updated on your friends progress. it sounds like fun!
    Jeff M.

    ReplyDelete