- Play some OD&D or 1st edition AD&D, or one of the other games Gary created.
- Adapt one of his modules to whatever fantasy system you are using nowadays. B2 The Keep on the Borderlands is a particularly good choice for "serious" role-players, if you focus on all the intrigues surrounding the various factions of humanoids in the Caves of Chaos.
- Name your next pet Gary, Gygax, or Mordenkainen. (I am not taking any responsibilty if you name your next kid Gygax or Mordenkainen. You're on your own on that one.)
- Build that Dragonchess set you've been meaning to construct ever since you read about it in issue #100 of Dragon.
- Players: Specialize in an oddball polearm, swear "by Gygax's beard", play a cleric of Zagig.
- DMs: drop the Ring of Gaxx into your setting, sprinkle some scrolls of Mordenkainen-brand spells about your dungeon, use a rust monster or a bulette.
- Write that module or game or whatever that you've been meaning to get around to. Submit it for publication or publish it yourself.
- Keep a sharp eye out for the next weird little game that might become a breakout hit, spawning cartoons, films, comic books, novels and countless imitators.
- Tell the hobgoblins "It's okay, Gary sent us!"
- Crack open your 1st edition DMG and just luxuriate in the unmistakeable Gygax prose.
- Send a letter or e-mail to another game designer thanking them before it's too late.
- Introduce someone else to the fun that is this crazy little hobby.
- Game like there's no tomorrow.
Myriad Miniatures - Kickstarter Update
20 minutes ago