To the extent that I appear on anyone's radar at all, I kinda assume that I am sometimes counted among the Pundit's Proxy Army. It was Nicole Lindroos a.k.a Nikchick first added the word "proxy" to the Pundit's vocabulary. Given the events of the time I suspect she was talking in particular about me and Pundit's buddy Jong. So despite publicly disagreeing with the man several times the idea that some folks think I drank the Kool-Aid wouldn't suprise me.
Still, I've managed to have a vantage point closer to Pundit than a lot of other people who have a strong negative opinion about him. He may only be an internet friend that I've never met face-to-face, but I feel pretty certain that I know the man behind the myth a helluva a lot better than his detractors. I think if everyone knew Pundit the way I do they would feel differently. They might still disagree with him, as I sometimes do, but they wouldn't be so hard on him. To that end I've composed a list of things I know about Pundit that you probably don't.
- When RPG Pundit put on the One Ring, the Nazgul just said, "Fuck it."
- The last man who made eye contact with RPG Pundit was Ray Charles.
- RPG Pundit always asks for the same Christmas gift: A box of Smurfs and a sledgehammer.
- The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from RPG Pundit and forgot to pay him back.
- Once a cobra bit RPG Pundit's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
- RPG Pundit doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
- RPG Pundit's body is composed of 95% recycled material, making him earth friendly and of benefit to society. To balance himself out, RPG Pundit sets fire to one national park per year.
- RPG Pundit has the heart of a child. He keeps it in a small box.
- When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for RPG Pundit.
- RPG Pundit's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; no one fools RPG Pundit.
(This list cheerfully cribbed from here. Happy April Fools Day, all.)