Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My wife just called from the Wal-Mart...

...where she's buying me a copy of the third season of Scooby Doo just because she can. Isn't that sweet? Scooby Doo is one of the very few cartoons in the universe that she will watch, even if she's not the huge fan that my daughter and I are. The third season features some great bad guys, including the Tar Monster and this guy:

Ironface!

Ironface rides around the water by standing on two sharks. He's a ghost pirate with a face like an evil robot. How can you not like this guy?

While searching for pics for this post I found a shot of the gang from the revamped Scooby Doo Gets a Clue! I've heard the writing on this new series is crap, but I can't say the character designs are bad.

8 comments:

  1. Actually, the humor on "Scooby Doo Gets A Clue" is pretty sharp. It's a little bit like a "Venture Brothers" for kids.

    A LITTLE bit.

    That said -- I bet you know what a Hex Girl is. I know what a Hex Girl is, because ever since "Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost", I have been the parent of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a Clue is great! If you don't take it seriously as canon. I mean, c'mon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:16 PM

    I too have had to read "Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost" a numerous occassions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Get a Clue is ok - the bad guys are occasionally funny.

    Witch's Ghost is my second favorite of the movies - after Zombie Island.

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc: Now I'm gonna have to get one of the Get A Clue DVDs! And yes, I know what a Hex Girl is. But my daughter is more interested in Wildwind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They seriously need to release a Hex Girls CD. They're in an episode of What's New Scooby Doo, too: titled "The Vampire Strikes Back." (not to be confused with their appearance in the movie "Legend of the Vampire")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Got some good scooby games out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I've heard the writing on this new series is crap, but I can't say the character designs are bad."

    I can. They look awful. Then again this is as much an argument with the universal Cartoon Networkification of many American cartoons, as it is with the particular characters here.

    Fortunately I'm not a big Scooby Doo fan. I mean, he's okay, but looking at the picture, I don't feel like my childhood has been raped.

    ReplyDelete