Friday, March 07, 2008

one link for one reader

In a comment to an earlier post an anonymous, self-described "aspiring 3.0 gm" asked about conversions of old Gygax modules. Here's the conversion of Keep on the Borderlands that I used back when 3e came out:

http://www.jumpspace.net/DnD/Modules.html

You'll need a copy of the original module to make use of the notes at that link. As I recall the conversion worked out pretty well until I went and screwed things up by experimenting with these weird new 'template' rules. At the time I hadn't really bothered to read what an 'ECL' or 'CR' was supposed to be. The look on Rod's face when the gnoll breathed fire was almost worth nearly wrecking the campaign.

3 comments:

  1. do you know if anyone ever did an upgrade of 'Return to KotB' ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I know of. But I never owned that adventure, so I never had need of a conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Thanks Jeff! It's me again! I'm still anonymous... I might have to break down and register.

    I just sent a mail out to my group, they are stoked!

    ReplyDelete