Thursday, March 13, 2008

This is kinda weird

Someone has posted an old blog entry of mine on their blog. They've labeled it a "guest blog" but given no attribution. The other tags they've assigned it are arts, handicrafts, health insurance, miranda de ebro, and salvos. Not only do none of those tags have anything to do with the Judges Guild product Verbosh (subject of the borrowed post), but I don't even know what the last two tags mean. It's not even a blog about gaming as far as I can tell. Check it out for yourself. As I type this my entry is the second one on the page.

Maybe the whole blog is an online cut-up experiment?

7 comments:

  1. Maybe the whole blog is a linkfarm, and it's just an attempt to give it some kind of content for Google to find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've had a lot of my articles (or sometimes, just fragments of articles) swiped in that way ... the Web seems full of these FrankenSites lately.

    One can hope that they eventually go mad and turn on their creator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Its a trick to get around spam filters. The idea is to make their sites seem like a legitimate site to the automatic spam filtering algorithms (because if they come up with a way to tag that site, they will also tag legitimate sites like yours)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Yep. It's a fake blog. Report it to abuse@wordpress.com and they'll take it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for explanations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you find these things? If someone quoted my blog, I doubt I'd notice, unless they just happened to hit one of the key-words I google, or it gets picked up by Technorati.

    - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you find these things?

    I find all sorts of things related to my blog via judicious use of Google Search and StatCounter.com's "came from" feature.

    ReplyDelete