Wednesday, April 28, 2021

those darn gobbos

In the second installment of my recent look at the authors of the Fiend Folio, I discovered that the co-creator of the babbler, Jeremy (Jes) Goodwin, was also an illustrator for some TSR products. Well, today on my tumblr dash a Goodwin illo appeared, shared by one of my favorite gaming tumblrs, Old School FRP.


Here's OldSchoolFRP's caption: 

Esterelle finds the elves’ forest in flames and overrun by goblins on dire wolves. Jeremy (Jes) Goodwin, from D&D one-on-one module O2: Blade of Vengeance, TSR UK, 1984.

A forest fire sounds like a heckuva a place to fight some goblins.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so "Jeremy" is "Jes" Goodwin, then. One of the most famous of the early Games Workshop artists and sculptors, easily up there with John Blanche. Never knew his real name was Jeremy before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiend Folio has some great art. Love the Russ Nicholson pieces as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, Radon Inspectors were my least favorite monster in the Fiend Folio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be one of those DMs who loves nuisance monsters.

      Delete