Saturday, January 31, 2009

a very special Shatnerday


You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

6 comments:

  1. That was one of the greatest SNL moments ever. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad uncle Gary didnt say that about D&D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you would only have to swap out the words "TV show" for "game", and Gary COULD have given this speech at a con, word for word. THAT would be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't The Shat spend a year incognito going to Sci Fi cons, seeing the fanaticism from the inside? I heard he wrote a book about it. I hope that isn't just urban legend.

    If you love Shatner and you love Trek, you gotta see the Bill Shatner roast. Jason Alexander and Patton Oswaldt were both there, and as huge Star Trek fans they were representing geek cred. Check it out if you haven't seen it. Bill is awesome when he gets to strike back at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shatner is amazing. The way he has parodied himself and turned it into a money maker is brilliant. Go Bill!

    Peace,
    Christian
    www.iridiazine.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the topic of Shatner, not sure if you've seen this:

    The Comeback Kid

    If you send me you addr, I'll mail you a copy of the issue of McGill News with the story in it (and Shatner on the cover!)

    Cheers,

    Ed edward_dot_bilodeau_at_gmail.com

    ReplyDelete