Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Julius Caesar was a PC

Dig this panel from The Life of Julius Caesar, a comic book I found in the kid's section of my local library.


Take a close look at that panel. You know what I heard in my head when I first saw it?

DM: Enough with the lesbian jokes, you nimrods. Are you going to attack this city or not?

JC: Those soldiers I instructed to make scaling ladders, are they done yet?

DM: Not really. They're about fifty percent complete with the ladders.

JC: Good enough. I grab one of the ladders and rush the city, shouting "Come on, you Nancy's! Do you want to live forever?" to my troops.

DM: Okay, you run up under heavy arrow fire. You take twelve points of damage total but you reach the walls.

JC: Ouch! I place the ladder and scramble up to the top, inspiring my troops to bravery!

DM: I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that you only take 3 more points of damage from arrow fire. The bad news is that you didn't specify that you were grabbing a completed ladder.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:50 PM

    Excellent! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tubular!
    I have to read the rest of the comic, lesbian jokes in a children's comic? Age of aquarious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Take a real close look. See that roundish brownish blob right above the guy on the stubby ladder? Kinda looks like a projectile from the catapult, doesn't it?

    Now that sounds like a PC plan. The best ones always involve friendly fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caesar was totally a PC.

    GM: "You realize if you cross the Rubicon you'll be declared an enemy of the state."

    Player: "Yeah, whatever."

    ***

    Player: "I think I'm ready to retire Julius, but I want him to go out in spectacular fashion."

    GM: "I think I might have an idea..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that sounds like stuff that happens in my game. By the way, I am a big fan of the Goodman Games DCC line, same as you and I thought I should give you a heads up. Since they are moving to 4e, their website has all the 3e DCC's on a 50% discount sale. This is pdf and paper products. Act fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:35 AM

    LoL! What other persons from history were PCs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genghis Khan was the GMs pet NPC and Miyamoto Musashi was the PC of a total munchkin.

    ReplyDelete