Monday, November 20, 2006

My Favorite Holloway

Today Dr. Rotwang! posted a new thread at theRPGsite about game artist Jim Holloway. Here's my favorite Holloway illustration, which accompanied Len Lakofka's Leomund's Tiny Hut column detailing the Entertainer class. I never used the class. It was one of the most convoluted and arcane classes in the entirety of 1st edition AD&D. But this drawing made me want to play one anyway.
Dear diary, we opened to mixed reviews.
That's from Dragon issue 69, January 1983. First issue I ever owned. The sorceress on the cover had quite an effect on young Jeff, let me tell you.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:23 AM

    I might be getting on your nerves, but it says: "Adventure Roleplay" on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! So it does, Set. So it does.

    ReplyDelete