Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cute, awesome, or disturbing? You make the call!

You've probably heard of otherkin and otakukin, but my nephew is the first of a new race of mutants, the ninjakin. He sometimes says things like "God made me a ninja." I absolutely swear I did not put this idea in his head, despite the fact that I know all ninjas are totally sweet. Here's the little dude in the traditional outfit of his people:Every time I see him he either kicks me in the face, karate chops me in the throat, or punches me in the nuts.  Sometimes all three.Part of me feels like discouraging his exploration of his ninja identity would be the equivalent of telling him there's no such thing as Santa Claus. Another part of me is afraid that if this phase isn't nipped in the bud he'll turn out like a character from one of Al Bruno's old rants.

1 comment:

  1. I think that "God made me a ninja" is one of the coolest things I can imagine anyone saying, especially a kid.

    Bravo, little man!

    ReplyDelete