Monday, March 21, 2005

PWNED!!!!1!!

Saturday the whole family went down to Tuscola to the outlet mall. Elizabeth had fun at the KB Toy Outlet. She eventually picked out a couple of toys and I found some little plastic Teen Titans that would serve well as figures for Mutants & Masterminds one shot. That's not quite as goofy an idea as my Fantabulous Five team (Captain Ultra, Frog-Man, Squirrel Girl, Blue Streak, and Osprey) but the popularity of the show might get some asses in the seats.

Sunday Pat came over, it sound like we are going to actually do this RPGA/Living Greyhawk thing. We also discussed me running a new fantasy campaign. He wants one of those epic scope, PCs-save-the-world campaigns, something I've never really done. I'm starting to approach that sort of thing with my Mutants & Masterminds and d20 Modern campaigns, but I'm building up to it in baby steps. I'd like to try an epic fantasy game, but I need to answer two questions before I even start: What system do I use? And how do I fit it in my schedule? The answer to the second question is clear: I would need to drop or cut back on either Dave's Feng Shui game or the Monday night boardgamers. The answer to the first question is harder. I've got three perfectly viable systems on my plate right now: D&D 3.X, Castles & Crusades, and Arcana Evolved. All three have their advantages and disadvantages. In fact, I'll probably blog a point-by-point comparison later in the week.

After chewing the fat for a while, Pat and I left for our two scheduled rendezvous. The first was with Doug, a fellow RPGnetter who was looking to clear out some game stuff. Boy did I make out like gangbusters: an armload of 3.0 hardbacks, bunches of Dragon and Dungeon issues (including all the coolest Polyhedron mini-games), some Ars Magica, Call of Cthulhu (and Delta Green), Star Wars (d20 & d6 versions), the d20 Modern corebook, BESM, JadeClaw & IronClaw, Pendragon (which I never should have sold), Nobilis (which I need to try running again), and other stuff I can't remember right now. So much stuff that I'm seriously considering posting a 'stuff for trade' ad in the RPGnet sales & auctions forum. Maybe I can swap some of this stuff for things more to my liking. As cool as it is, I don't need an extra copy of Delta Green, for instance.

After our visit to Doug (who I'm hoping to get into a game), we headed on over to the Pancake Hut for a Halo 2 LAN party. That was a lot of fun. I even got to kill a couple of people with that shiny alien ninja sword. Too bad I pissed off Dennis. Friendly fire is a bitch sometimes. You know what could make a Halo 2 LAN party even cooler? When playing Capture the Flag scenarios, issue both teams with printed out maps and give them ten minutes or so to try to plan their assault and defense outside of earshot of the other team.

Since I was out late ownzoring d00ds I'm skipping tonight's gaming. That gives me some time to pick through the new toys anyway. Wednesday is Feng Shui night. I'm hoping we'll get a chance to investigate the new feng shui site we indentified last session. Friday ought to be issue 5 of my Home Team campaign. I need to get my crap together and build the villains!

No comments:

Post a Comment