Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Epiphany: I am a grown-up

Last night in the mail I got a letter from the IRS and my prize for the Chess Variants contest in which I took second place. I read the IRS letter an entire hour before even opened the package with my nifty new book. Could I be any more square sometimes?

Last night was boardgame night. We played Bohnanza, Union Pacific, Puerto Rico, and another hand of Bohnanza. I got home at o'dark thirty. I'm hoping we can play Union Pacific again next week. Maybe that way I'll figure out what I did wrong last night.

I'm home today. Took a personal day to deal with the friendly folks at the Internal Revenue Service. Turns out the situation was not as dire as I feared. Looks like I'll spend the rest of the morning goofing off. Maybe I'll finally watch an episode of Firefly from the boxed set coeli lent me.

As I type this I'm listen to the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. Best fucking soundtrack EVAR. If after listening to this stuff you aren't ready to swing a sword until the ground runs red, then there is no life in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment