Monday, August 25, 2008

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

A couple days ago I got an automatically generated notice from my local library that a book was overdue. The email said the book in question was The Berenstein Bears and The, with the rest of the title truncated. I searched high and low in the Rients family domicile, locating no less than 4 Berenstein Bears books that didn't belong to the library. Upon my third search of my daughter's trainwreck of a room I found the book in question at the bottom of a pile of comics and other picture books.

I guess that didn't work out as I planned.For those Gameblog readers without children, please note that this exactly how parenting is at all times.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Isn't it ironic?...Don't you think?

    "It's like an overdue book about messy rooms made overdue because it is buried in a messy room."

    The extended dance version hidden verse! You've found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:42 AM

    I once cleaned my daughters' room while they were away using the method on the cover of that book. (I did warn them...)

    I expected much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but instead they were pleasantly surprised. My wife and I subsequently decided we were spending *WAY* too much money on toys and such that were not really appreciated or necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surveying the wreck that is our downstairs area while responding to this, all I can say is *amen*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:29 PM

    LOL! Hear! Hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrifying, utterly terrifying. What's worse, my office/den looks like that, and we don't even have kids. I'm going to have to move in 9 months, and I'm going to have to hire some movers just to handle the book collection.

    Clutter, you are my bitterest foe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once lost a library book called "ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life". I since found it, paid a hefty fine upon returning it, and purchased my own copy on amazon.com. And do you think I know where THAT copy is? Nope. Books like this should come with their own homing devices....

    ReplyDelete