Friday, August 15, 2008

Howdy, folks!

So I'm back from the family vacation and trying to catch up on a week without internets. I took a little moleskine with me to write down things that popped into my head. Every time I would pull it out and start furiously scribbling my wife would throw me an odd look, like she was silently asking me "What now?" and "Why now?" One time I said to her "I'm blogging!" She just rolled her eyes. Anyway, here's the least gaming-related pages in the book.

Ten Things I Learned On My Summer Vacation
  • Captain Mike's dad is a robot and a headhunter.
  • "Sunlight it made of lava. Lava makes the food grow." -my daughter
  • The icon for lightning in Japanese weather reports look more like an italicized number four (open top variety) than a jagged bolt.
  • Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson will take time to pose for a picture with a kid in awheelchair even if he's otherwise in a hurry. Classy.
  • No form of asking, begging, demanding, ordering, or threatening can induce my daughter to ride Pirates of the Caribbean with her old man.
  • ...But she still wants some pirate toys from the gift shop.
  • Sometimes a Disney World employee will just hand you some Fast Passes to a ride.
  • Chili Cheese Dog plus Several Hours in the Scorching Sun equals Spontaneous Intestinal Combustion.
  • Sometimes you're holding up the line at the entrance because you failed to put your finger on the biometric doo-hickey. Sometimes you're holding up the line because you did put your finger on the biometric doo-hickey and you weren't supposed to.
  • At least one TSA employee is nice and helpful. Thanks for all your help, Janessa!
Bonus One Thing I Learned When I Got Back From Summer Vacation
I can't quite make up my mind whether my next post will contain gaming content or whether I should change formats to Jeff's Shatnerblog.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:35 PM

    "I can't quite make up my mind whether my next post will contain gaming content or whether I should change formats to Jeff's Shatnerblog."

    Uh.. I'm here mostly for the gaming stuff, and only occasionally for Shatner.

    The Rock seems to well rock, seems you have had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jeff's Shatner Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Well now, that is a quandary.

    On the one hand, I would hate to see the blog be anything but what it is.

    On the other hand, Shatnerblog is just to awesome for words.

    Well, a Kirk Blog. Shatner himself is a little annoying, though he has made up for some of that recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try making a negative comment about Taylor HIcks. I once compared Madonna's casting as the female lead in a remake of Casablanca to Taylor Hicks rendering a cover of Like A Virgin, and my email box exploded with the commentary that arrived. I think my readership that day was like 3000-fold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. William Shatner was Thrazar before Thrazar was Thrazar, is all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Howabout Shatner's Jeffblog?

    Also, agreed about Thrazar. Don't know who this Ross chap is though.

    ReplyDelete