Saturday, August 30, 2008

I meant to pass this on earlier

James Mishler's Adventure Games Publishing is having a PDF sale through tomorrow. (For new readers I should mention that Mishler's operation specializes in updated Wilderlands material for Castles & Crusades.) If my review of Adventure Games Journal #1 piques your interest, then take a gander at the stuff in the AGP store at DriveThru. I've checked out every item in the store, though some of them I've only seen in print. Pretty much everything in the store is golden. The only one I consider a bit dicey is Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands I, but only because I find the critter entries a bit on the long side. I tend to like very short monster write-ups I can riff off of, whereas Mishler went with more of a completist "Ecology of..." approach that I sometimes find hard to get into. But people who dig that sort of angle may like Monsters more than I do.

You know what I like most about AGP's products? You can really tell Mishler loves the hell out of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment