Wednesday, October 24, 2007

a public service note

Guido the Gypsy is one of the higher volume rpg sellers on the eBay. He has some great out-of-print stock and over the years I've bought more items from him than I can remember. Last month for the first time I had a problem. An order he shipped me never arrived. Guido was very apologetic and he refunded me without any hassle. In the world of customer service anybody can do a good job when everything goes smoothly. You can tell a good guy from a bottom feeder when things take a turn for the worse. Guido is one of the good ones. He gets my highest recommendation as an online seller. Just FYI.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:49 PM

    I've bought from him in the past, and found him to be a great seller. I can safely second the recommendation.

    Hearing this story about him, however, is getting him added to my favorite seller's list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a "Go to" for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this; it's always valuable to know of reliable sellers (and I've learned the hard way that the ratings system can't really be relied on these days, since many sellers have adopted a buyer-must-rate-first policy which bullies customers into artificially inflating ratings, and also had one bad experience where a crooked seller somehow "inherited" an account with a positive reputation and then proceeded to start ruining it) ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of eBay sellers, here's one that has a ton of the old Group One Traveller modules, which look like they were made for use with Encounter Critical...

    http://stores.ebay.com/LookatmeBooks_gaming_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ3QQfsubZ114303018QQftidZ2QQtZkm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat find! I've not familiar with Group One's work but the covers are a lot less stodgy than typical Trav stuff. And Different Worlds magazine was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one time that I purchased from Guido he had copies of the same game but with different editions, and he accidentally switched the two (giving me the wrong edition). Unfortunately he wasn't able to get the book back from the other person so he gave me a refund instead.

    Having come off some bad sellers at the time he talked me down when I thought that I was getting screwed again. He is a good seller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Good tip! I too have had excellent experiences with Guido...and I love the ongoing saga in his listings....

    Best,

    Adaen

    ReplyDelete