Wednesday, November 03, 2004

GM Alert

Writer Raided for Researching Terrorism

I have yet to see confirmation of the story linked to above. Still, I think it might be a good idea, given the current political climate, that any GM doing research for a modern campaign keep this cautionary tale in mind. If, like me, you sometimes hit the library and Google looking for stuff to use in your game, maybe you should stick to games with obvious fantasy or sci-fi elements. That espionage campaign can wait. I'd probably feel braver about the situation if I was still a bachelor, but as a family man I don't feel like becoming a martyr of free speech over a stupid game. And if you want to stick it to the Man, you can always run Paranoia. Or something post-apocalyptic.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:52 AM

    that is Damn sobering Jeff. thanks for the info. I passed it on.
    Jeff M

    ReplyDelete