Tuesday, July 05, 2011

recommended: nearbygamers.com

Augerville?  I've lived in this burg for 20 years and have never heard mentions of it.

This is so dang simple everyone looking for fellow gamers ought to be using it.  If you've already signed up for nearbygamers.com it may be time to check your profile.  Mine had an old address on it and I know one dude on that map has moved out of state.  Also, your tags might need a little editing.

Then the next step is to hopefully find someone nearby and use the site's private message function to contact them.

Good luck!

13 comments:

  1. Was just updating my profile yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use this site... it lead to my participation in a game of Swords & Wizardry. I'd actually forgotten all about it until you posted this...time for an update, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just registered and was super stoked to see a nearby old-school gamer, then I realized it's my own forgotten account from a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only am I registered there, but the profile's up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on this site - I may have a regular game, but I always dream of the day someone will message me about one of the odd games I have listed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm registered, but I've never had much luck there. Probably need to update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bizarre.

    "Here 15 me" and sure enough there are 15 little blue Jeff Rients on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have they updated the functionality at all? I have had some luck in expanding our local network with it, but it is one of many tools, all of them not really great. The fault, I suspect, lies with user input, not with the software. Get out of your basements, gamers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was that a hint?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will be checking this out immediately. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stuart: You still listed in CU, too? I was talking about another dude.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It worked for me. That's how I joined up with my fortnightly group. Can safely say I never would have got to play LotFP without it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I registered to the site.
    Found several gamers already.

    ReplyDelete