Saturday, April 22, 2023

this actual play is nuts


I don't really watch actual play videos all that much, as I don't consider D&D to be a spectator sport. (Though I quite like Dungeon Majesty, if anyone remembers that silliness.) But this was one that my wife, who is a normal well-adjusted non-gamer type person, was interested in watching. We've been fans of Rhett and Link and their show Good Mythical Morning since 2020. The extra wrinkle to this actual play is the so-called "exorcist", who steals the show. He is one of those interesting people who seemingly can't distinguish fantasy from reality and sees demons as the explanation for nearly any phenomena. Also hilarious is how Link unironically makes his own daddy issues into his character's whole deal. Big thumbs up to him for sneak attacking the demon in the balls, though. That's A+ dungeoning and dragoning in my book.

After the Dungeon Master's first line my wife said, "Yeah, that's a Dungeon Master all right." I am having trouble thinking of another dungeon master she has heard run a game. You know, besides me. Make of that what you will.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty amusing stuff. Never heard of these guys.

    DM Lamar seemed pretty competent. If this was a scripted show, he was quite believable. If this was an actual play, the guy runs a tight ship (considering all the weirdness going on). I'd play in his game.

    But not 5E. Man, that game does NOT look like my cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:10 AM

    Gotta get me one of 'em exorcists...

    ReplyDelete