Monday, July 09, 2007

Ol' Festus would never steer you wrong

I was flipping through some back issues on my Dragon CD-ROM set, when I spotted this little ad:Anybody ever seen a copy of Time Drifters? Undead cowboys and time travel sounds like an awesome mix of crazy crap. John H. Kim has an encyclopedia entry on this one. He notes that despite promising sci-fi adventure, the "basic game" is set entirely in the old west. According to Shannon Appel's awesome indices, issue 30 of White Wolf magazine contained a review.

Noble Knight has a copy for sale, but they want forty bucks for it. There aren't too many games that I'm forty dollars worth of curious about. Meanwhile Titan Games will sell you the same thing for five or ten bucks.

2 comments:

  1. Well TitanGames.com (just their web page/address as they still have the bricks and mortar store) has been sold to Nobleknight. So if you can get it from titan cheaper than Noble knight. Then Go for it. Being that they are one and the same now. As for Titan Games my roommate has purchased stuff from them online and has had no problems. Ive visited their brick and mortar (Titan Games that is) store many times. Good service and selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:57 AM

    Never did see the game, but I remember that ad so clearly I found myself reciting it as I read! Yeek.

    ReplyDelete