Monday, May 22, 2006

fear the wiki

My descent into Traveller-fueled madness continues, inspired by Treasure Tables' two-part article on Wikis for GMs and this strip from Shortpacked!. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Gateway Quadrant Wiki, the internet's newest obsessive Trav website. Dedicated to the Traveller material published by Judges Guild in the 80's, this wiki is guaranteed 100% incompatible with the official setting materials for Traveller d20!

My plan is to use this wiki as a player resource for my next Trav campaign, which I plan to start no later than upon the publication of Traveller 5th edition. That's currently scheduled for release in June of next year. With Marc Miller at the helm, I'm hoping T5 will resemble Classic Traveller more than other previous incarnations of the game.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:34 AM

    I have such high hopes for T5. I can't think of a game release I'm anticipating more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Ooh, thanks for pointing out that article! A wiki would be just the thing for my Buffy campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heartily recommend Treasure Tables. It's chock full of GM goodness.

    And I've found pbwiki.com a snap to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:47 AM

    And again, thanks. I've poked a bit at the Treasure Tables archives, and I'm working on a pbwiki right now.

    ReplyDelete