Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Watch Out for Bucket Bob

Here's a random chart from my D&D notebook.

Bucket Bob is some type of humanoid, fairly large (a bugbear or a troll, maybe?) but sneaky as heck. When he shows up on the wandering monster chart, he will usually (4 in 6) surprise the party. His normal procedure is to throw the contents of his bucket at d4 members of the party, then run like hell.

WHAT IS IN BUCKET BOB'S BUCKET? (d20)

  1. Acid
  2. Rats
  3. Blood
  4. Spiders
  5. Web spell
  6. Hot coals
  7. Trilobites
  8. Caltrops
  9. Broken glass
  10. Rot grubs
  11. Green slime
  12. Oil, flaming
  13. Raw sewage
  14. Lava
  15. Dust of choking & sneezing
  16. Evard's black tentacles
  17. Ochre jelly
  18. Gray ooze
  19. Black pudding
  20. Venomous snakes
Is the bucket enchanted? Does Bucket Bob know some magic spell that can allow a normal bucket to suddenly contain lava or whatever? Heck if I know.

4 comments:

  1. Extra points for trilobites ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just going to assume that raw sewage was produced by Bob himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, just like that Jeff Rients has done three things:

    1) come back to awesome original DIY D&D stuff

    2) given me something inexplicable that I MUST use, ASAP, on my players
    and
    3) made me laugh on a really hard day.

    PS: congrats again on your successful dissertation/defence. I'm that "3 Hobbits in a Trenchcoat" guy on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:27 PM

    You must have been tempted to just call the d20 chart, The Bucket List

    ReplyDelete