Saturday, September 25, 2004

"No blasters! No blasters!"

Last night my wife and I watched Episode IV from the new DVD release of the original trilogy. The Greedo scene worked okay for me. One other detail from the Cantina sequence seemed different. When Kenobi throws down with those two space thugs, didn't the barkeep shout "No blasters! No blasters!" or something like that? I think that line got cut somewhere along the way.

The sabre fight between Ben and Vader seems even more kickass after seeing these two characters in Episode II.

I'm starting to agree with the folks who feel Fett is out of place in the Jabba scene, but then he always seemed a little out of place at Jabba's Palace in RoTJ. At least to me. I dunno, the whole Boba Fett thing seems weird nowadays, especially after Ep II. Back before Jedi he was this super mysterious figure, now I know more about his childhood than I do about Han Solo or Obi-Wan!

Everytime I watch an original trilogy flick I get the urge to go buy some action figures and toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment