Thursday, May 12, 2005

FLGS

Somewhere along the way I got over my funky self and started going to the FLGS again. This week I stopped by to get my sister a copy of Ticket to Ride, a great boardgame that's super easy to teach to newbies. So of course I had to get something for meself. After much himming and hawing I settled on a new battlemat and a D&D Aberrations starter pack. The last Giants of Legend hugepack was gone and the case of Deathknells came in the next day. Double poo on that. That was yesterday. I had to make a second trip out there today because the new Dungeon was in, the one with the 30th level adventure. Here at the tentative start of a new campaign we're months or years away (or maybe forever away) from being able to play a module like that, but I had to get it anyway. I had five bucks in store credit so the Dungeon on cost me one dollar and ninety nine cents. That seems like a fair price for a single adventure I'll probably never use. Hell, I still haven't used G3: The Hall of the Fire Giant King and it's one of the very first modules I ever purchased.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Were you buying the minis for use with D&D or to play the skirmish game? I had to buy some after seeing how cool they looked in the basic game. After all the internet bitching, I was quite pleasantly surprised at the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was buying the figs for D&D, nbot for miniatures skirmishing. I'm really digging the little guys. I've been reading the minis rules and they aren't bad, mostly chopped-down and simplified 3.5 with some command and control elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 AM

    I will probably use them mostly for D&D but I'll at least try the skirmish game. I could use some evil commanders,though. All of my commanders are good guys.

    It's also got me curious about playing Mark of Heroes, because I have a few of the figs for the fastplay chracters.

    My favorite fig so far is the Ice Troll. He's big, blue and wielding a huge hammer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dig that Ice Troll too! The aberrations, particularly the neholder and otyugh, look very nice as well.

    I haven't looked at Mark of Heroes or Eberron in general because because I didn't have much interest in running another official setting. I wouldn't mind playing in it, but I'm not in a big hurry to spring for any hardbacks. But the idea of playing some sort of robot guy in a pulpier D&D setting certainly has its appeal.

    ReplyDelete