Friday, March 23, 2012

Caves of Myrddin PSA

I've decided to teleport the Mad Unicorn into the Dungeons of Dundagel.  From a comment of mine on an old blog post:
The Mad Unicorn is a wandering monster that has appeared on multiple wandering monster charts of mine. Intruder_W encountered in at the beginning of my only 3rd edition campaign, where it wrecked a party exploring ol' Quasqueton.

The poor creature began life as a normal, well-adjusted unicorn, but ended up cursed to forever wander the underworlds. If it finds a way out of a dungeon it is immediately teleported to a random location inside some other dungeon. Years of wandering an unknown number of hellholes has driven it insane.

This backstory was written for the express purpose of beating up PCs with a unicorn.
No one has been able to slay, capture or save the Mad Unicorn.

Yet.


http://www.smbc-comics.com/


8 comments:

  1. Nice one. I'm right there with you. I didn't buy a unicorn miniature because I needed one for tactical being-nice-to-people. I may need to steal this backstory. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that a unicorn has entered the dungeons, can I assume there is a Rainbow in The Dark?

    Also, this is awesome, as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow In The Dark is the name of a magic sword in my campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud your sentiments, sir! In proper Bestiary's- those from the middle ages, the Unicorn was bad-ass. For too long this hybrid-horror has been disrespected and kiddified!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will claim this beast as my steed!

    I need to figure out how to remove that curse... and restore Unicorn sanity.

    Maybe I'll rub some aloe vera into its neck? Let's call that phase 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you need to update this entry now. RIP the Mad Unicorn 3/24. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! Unauthorised slaying of The Mad Unicorn of Sir Manning is Illicit!

    Fetch me my bounty hunters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll put you on the trail of the slayer for some coin!

    ReplyDelete