It took me a while to remember where I originally heard the term 'yerba maté' but eventually it clicked. "Oh, yeah! That's the stuff that Pundit says allows Uruguayans to leap over tall buildings in a single bound or something." I haven't tried the stuff yet, as my lunch special came with a perfectly bland ice tea. If yerba sends me on a vision quest or puts me in touch with the Speed Force, I'll let you all know.
Polearms & Proust (or, In Search of Lost Biscuits)
-
A very silly role-playing game about introspective thugs with big pointy
sticks. Inspired by this BlueSky post, and written by someone who has never
read P...

Dude. You should have let me know you were going to Aroma for lunch. I'd have met you there.
ReplyDeleteI could only do take-out today. Maybe later this week we could get together. Which reminds me, I need to talk to Don about having lunch with him.
ReplyDeleteI love that stuff! It's not as strong as what they drink in the Southern Hemisphere, but it WILL keep you awake.
ReplyDeleteIt sure as hell won't connect you to the speed force in wimpy "teabag" volumes.
ReplyDeleteDown here, we poor a fifth of a kilo of the loose stuff into a gourd. Ideally a gourd lined in leather from a bull's testicles. That's how you drink it.