Polearms & Proust (or, In Search of Lost Biscuits)
-
A very silly role-playing game about introspective thugs with big pointy
sticks. Inspired by this BlueSky post, and written by someone who has never
read P...
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
minis-making link
New webmagazine Cerise bills itself as a 'gaming magazine for women', but this fella really enjoyed the article "Craft Check: Make Your Owns Miniatures". I found it very informative and encouraging. Now I want to run out and buy some Sculpty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've done a bit of nascent work with sculpy to replicate miniature components. You can make a mold of something out of this weird copper plumber's fixative, then use it to form some sculpy, which you then fire and paint. So far, I've limited myself to some test efforts at replicating Titan weapons for GW's epic line.
ReplyDeleteI've made some costume accessories and the like out of polymer clay. It comes in a wide array of types as well as colors (including metallics and glow-in-the-dark). The brands vary a bit; Sculpy III is stronger than most, and might hold up a bit better in very fine detail work like minatures.
ReplyDeleteOne point not mentioned in the article - the plasticizers in the clay are not something you want to ingest, so it's best to use a dedicated baking surface and not something you will ever use for cooking again. And wash your hands well after handling the clay, of course.
Wow! Important safety tip! Thanks!
ReplyDelete