Thursday, May 31, 2007

WoAdWriMo is here!

In case you haven't heard, June is Worldwide Adventure Writing Month, a blatant rip-off of National Novel Writing Month but with a twist: the goal is to not just add a bunch of pages to your own personal Great American Novel. Instead everyone participating is challenged to write a complete, playable 32+ page adventure to be made available for download. That way even people not participating in the project can benefit from it's fruits.

This is sort of a big deal for me, as the whole think is pretty much my pet project. I don't normally ask my readership for much of anything, other than to occasionally answer a question if you feel inclined. But today I'm going to make an exception. I want this WoAdWriMo thing to work and I need help. So if you feel so inclined, here's a list of things you might consider doing to help me make this project work:
  • Take the challenge yourself. Join us in the actual module-writing.
  • Blog about the project.
  • Mention WoAdWriMo on an message board.
  • Send a talented friend an e-mail, letting them know you think they can do it.
  • Participate in on the official forum.

The central HQ for the project is the WoAdWriMo blog. Link away, please! Or send folks to the the WoAdWriMo forum.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Stay awesome, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very keen on writing, but are there any copywrite concerns I should be aware of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my experience most game companies want their to be free adventures out there. It helps promote their product. Palladium would be an exception to that rule and I'd avoid them like the plague if I were you. If you have a question about a specific company, I'd suggest sending them an email. (And if you can't find them on the web, it probably doesn't matter one way or the other.)

    If you choose to host your adventure with the WoAdWriMo project, you retain all rights to your work.

    Does that answer most of your concern?

    ReplyDelete