- The head of the Spaniard now sits atop a stake outside Castle Bottreaux. He was found monkeying with the infernal machine inside one of the cliffside caves. He tried to parley with the party in Spanish, but they bumrushed the dude and murdered him for the reward money.
- Father Daffyd, a Welsh priest, fell in the pit trap in front of the shrine of the anti-Madonna. This stone statue of the vampiric virgin beheading the Christchild was carried up to the surface (no mean feat, given the Shrine is well below the bottom of the Vast Spiral Stairs below the Smoking Tower) and carried to the Abbey. The Abbot ritually desecrated the statue, then it was busted to shards by two burley brothers wielding mattocks. The pieces were then buried.
- Speaking of the spiral stairs, most of the party fought a Naga on the steps. She charmed two party members but their threat was countered by good spell deployment. I fumbled a constriction attack by the Naga and it knotted itself up for three rounds, during which time it was hacked to pieces. Brother Cadfael's nephew/hopeless loser Courtney the Hideous spent the whole fight dangling from a rope, calling out nervously "Hello? Is anybody up there?"
- The next trip into the dungeons the party decides to descend via the hatch in the North Tower. Harold the Adequate pops open the hatch and invited poor Courtney to go first. Courtney sighs and complies, as usual. Neither Harold nor Courtney noticed there were no stairs here and the poor kid fell twenty feet to his death. Several sessions back this same Harold was the one who "saved" Courtney from green slime by horribly burning his face, giving the hireling his appellation "the Hideous". Courtney was given a proper burial, unlike several PCs this weekend.
- Also fun: Harold and Cadfael's previous adventure had been online. This was there first face-to-face game together.
- The party explored the level accessible only via the tube previously covered by the metal grate. You know, the one with the two demon statues. The visited the Fairy Land Annex, fought spider-crabs, and nearly succumbed to some sort of ammonia base gas several times. They also almost encountered the mad gnomes, who the fairies warned "will give you wedgies or steal your cheese".
- My hat off to Liddia the Elf, the only newly made character to survive all three sessions and make it to second level in the process.
Greek Myth Godbound
3 hours ago