Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tarnation!

Bang!  You're dead!Has anybody played Cowboys from Worthington Games? Looks awesome-tastic. I stumbled across the existence of this game while trying to track down other Wild West games (besides Boot Hill, 2nd ed) that come with maps that would support 15mm minis and/or standard wargame chits.I've recently become enamored of using figures like these on my maps of Promise City and Brimstone. While we're on the subject of Western stuff, does anyone have both Aces & Eights and the Coyote Trail/Knuckleduster books? I wondering how useful the latter would be in a campaign run with A&8.

Can you tell I've got a hankering for some cowboy gaming?

2 comments:

  1. A while back I got together with a group on a weekly basis to play Desperado. Man that was a blast, just some straight-up cow town shoot 'em ups. One of the gangs managed to burn half the town to the ground twice, and the stampedes were plentiful. My Wang Province Laundrymen lasted quite a while, up until Lo Fat accidentally blew up the saloon when a stray bullet hit his dynamite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Knuckleduster books are really valuable for Old West gaming, no matter what system you use. I own their book on firearms, and the details about the guns themselves, which models were available in what years, and the information about gunfights in general are terribly useful. Glancing through the Cowtown Creator at the FLGS, I got the impression that it was at least equally as useful.

    ReplyDelete