Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jeff's Crazy Thought of the Day

Forward... to Exalted!

For reals. Take the Exalted's crazy ass setting and run it under FtA!. Mere mortals would have stats ranging from -5 to -1, and pretty much any DC over 15 would be a superhuman effort. Stunting would go before general melee in the combat turn. That's what gave me this crazy idea. Spell lists would need reworking. That'd be the hardest part. But if, like me, you think the best parts of Exalted are the setting fluff and the anything-goes stunt rules, then maybe FtE! would be a way to avoid dealing with the Storyteller system.

4 comments:

  1. I sort of lurk your blog for the choice gaming morsels you find, but when I read this post I had to comment! That's an awesome idea, what's been keeping me away from running Exalted is the amount of material I'd have to wade through to get a campaign going, but from what I've read about FtA! that would all go away. Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read this post I somehow replaced "Forward to Adventure" with "Encounter Critical" as I read it. It took me a second to get back to the rest of your post and realize I'd misread it because my mind started to wander off down that tangent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell - you could do this with D&D.

    Limit most non-exalts to NPC classes (except for a few heroic mortals) and change the Adept spell list to include only non-flashy stuff.

    All Exalts gain martial maneuvers as per the Warblade with access to martial schools depending on their Caste.

    Use Action Points (different Exalts may also have different AP totals). Import the stunt mechanic so that you gain/regain APs with stunts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:03 AM

    I love it! It's so crazy it just might work! :D

    -clash

    ReplyDelete