Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Next review?

Anyone have an opinion as to what I should review next for RPGnet? Here are some of the items I've had in mind to tackle:

Adventures in Fantasy: Dave Arneson's late 70s post-D&D fantasy rpg. I had boxed up my copy with the intent of sending it to The Museum of Role-Playing Games, but I think I'll review it first. Also, this game needs a Pen & Paper entry.

Fantasy Wargaming: subtitled "The Highest Level of All", this is one of the classically bad rpgs, but I think it has some virtues that need to be sung. Also absent from the Pen & Paper database.

Zombi: subtitled "The Earth won't hold the Dead", I tend to think of this one as "the other zombie rpg". I'm sure there are All Flesh Must Be Eaten fans who would be curious enough to read the review. The publisher, Crucible Design, also produced SpaceNinjaCyberCrisis XDO, which belongs on some list of best RPG names.

Risus and/or the Risus Companion: I am totally mutating into an S. John Ross fanboy and these two products are one of the big reasons why.

Do any of these trip anyone's trigger? Is there something else you'd like to see me review? I know that at least one or two people will read this entry, so please feel free to give me your opinions. And while you're doing that, answer me this: was the last post too long? I think I overdid that one.

3 comments:

  1. I am disappointed the Museum doesn't list
    the Mechanoids. Admittedly, Recon is listed,
    so one aspect of the Palladium beast is out.
    Maybe I can send along that wicked spider
    illo Symbiotic did for Judges Guild.

    I vote for AdinFant (My tribute to the
    Iriquois
    Night
    Fighter
    And
    Night
    Tracker,
    one of the shittiest acronyms ever.)
    on the basis that it kicks
    less ass than Blackmoor,
    and people need warned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:25 AM

    The only one of the games you list that I'm really familiar with is Fantasy Wargaming. It's perhaps my favorite of the games-we-own-never-to-run. What other game will tell you God's zodiac sign?

    That said, I think Risus might be the review I'd find most interesting, since I've heard it spoken of with respect and affection but know absolutely nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure if the curator of the museum received a copy of the Mechanoids that he would eventually review it. I could review it, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete