Friday, March 03, 2006

Reality Check, Please

Hey, folks. Help me out here. Am I being a dick? After once again spotting someone on RPGnet bitching about a lack of local players, I posted this:
I've done this once before, but it's worth repeating:

RPGnet has over 25,000 registered users. If you have any interest whatsoever in finding other local gamers, please make use of your Location field. See over there above the main text of this post and to the right where it says I'm in Urbana, IL? Some of the players in my current campaign found me simply because they saw I lived in their part of the world. The same could happen to you, if you choose to put accurate information in that field.

To edit your Location field, click on 'User CP' in the menu bar at the top of the page. Then click Edit Profile on the lefthand side of the screen that pops up. Your Location field will appear under 'Additional Information'. Type in your information, click 'Save Changes' and you're good to go.

Please note that it's totally cool to choose not to make this change to your account, or to put some sort of joke in your Location field. But if you go that route then I reserve the right to mock you behind your back if you start posting things like 'Woe is me! I can't find players.'

That is all.
In the original thread RPGnetter J Arcane seems to think I'm being unnecessarily snarky. I think I got a legit point. Opinions?