Tuesday, July 27, 2004

When you're into old rpg stuff like I am you must have resources that the kids playing the shiny new games don't need.  They can just open a browser window a type www.flava-of-the-month-rpg.com and score all sorts of product support and whatnot.  On my bookshelf at home I have some useful tomes, particularly Dicing With Dragons by Ian Livingstone, The Complete Guide to Role-Playing Games by Rick Swan, and Heroic Worlds by Lawrence Schick.  IMHO Heroic Worlds is the best of the bunch by far.   If you own only one book about rpgs, Schick's the one to get.  These days I do a lot of my research online, usually at the Pen & Paper database, but sometimes at John Kim's RPG Encyclopedia.  Kim's site I really like for the ability to look at all the games published in a particular year.  Another site I just discovered today is called RPG Index.  Haven't used it yet, but it looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment