Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Speaking of BESM d20...

I've had a couple ideas for BESM d20 games.  The older one is "Steel Dragons" a re-envisioning of the BattleTech universe with an anime flair.  In Steel Dragons the good guys would be Houses Kurita and Liao, with the action focusing on some up and coming Kurita codets.  The bad guys would be Houses Steiner and Davion, depicted as Nazis and Romans respectively.  The new idea I came up with a week or so ago I like to call "Super Sentai Golemrider", a Power Rangers show set in a standard D&D universe or maybe in S. John Ross's Uresia setting.  Instead of robot lions the sentai heroes would ride cockpit-equipped golems.  Of course, there's no particular mechanical reason why I couldn't do either of these with Savage Worlds, but I would like to give the BESM d20 system a spin.  And both my ideas have distinct anime influences.  Maybe I could look at doing them as con games.

No comments:

Post a Comment