Monday, July 26, 2004

I've been contacted by an online friend (from RPG.net) who's looking for playtesters and such for an rpg.  He's working on his own fantasy heartbreaker combining his favorites parts of OD&D and Tunnels & Trolls.  Needless to say, I agreed to look at the manuscript.  I'd love an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a good retro dungeoneering game.  That's why I've been following Castles & Crusades.  I really hope one of these two systems works for me, so I can tackle my longtime ambition: getting a dungeon crawl of my own published.  Nothing overly fancy, just three levels of beer & pretzely fun whacking on monsters and scoring fabulous loot.  Modern D&D does not support beer & pretzel play.  I want a game that allows for superquick PC generation and easy play such that within 2 or 3 hours a group can make characters and run through a level of a dungeon.

2 comments:

  1. So grubman's got his meathooks in ya...heh...good luck and don't talk yourself out of writing that dungeon crawl...

    Here's my deal, if you write it, I'll come out of retirement as a GM to playtest it for you....(if you want me to, that is...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete