Monday, June 20, 2011

PBN*

The following chart was inspired by xkcd.com and packing my daughter's lunch this morning. Over at xkcd google is normally used for this sort of thing, but for simple web searches I prefer blekko.com lately.
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are a regular lunch item for me.  Occasionally I switch it up and have peanut butter and pickles (the sweet kind).  Peanut butter and liverwurst appears on the chart because I'm pretty sure Shaggy from Scooby-Doo mentioned eating such a combination at least once in an early episode.  I really didn't expect to get any hits from the last item listed.  I have, on occasion, used the phrase "like a peanut butter and poop sandwich" to describe a mixed blessing that on the whole wasn't much of a blessing.  It surprised me to find out that somebody else used the term.  I didn't actually look at the results, so maybe they're from me.  I don't recall ever using it on the internet, but who knows?

UPDATED to add peanut butter and banana, Elvis's favorite.

14 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    You might also want to include Evlis' famous peanut butter and banana sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter and liverwurst appears on the chart because I'm pretty sure Shaggy from Scooby-Doo mentioned eating such a combination at least once in an early episode.

    It would have to have been in an early episode -- the latter day Shaggy was for some reason a vegetarian. I really don't see how somebody so devoted to food could do that, but I'm not in charge of cartoons...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan: Good call! I will update my chart.

    Will: Casey Kasem, who originated the Shaggy voice, became a vegetarian and insisted the character be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches are just really, really good! I like peanut butter and honey as well, but I've never tried it on bread, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some crazy granola types eat peanut butter and lettuce or peanut butter and bean sprout sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother holds it up for the peanuts and pickles fringe--or at least he did when he was 10.

    ReplyDelete
  7. peanut butter and poop holds no attraction to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do peanut butter, honey, AND banana. (And I'll add raisins, when I have them in the house.)

    I'll sometimes splurge for fancy gourmet peanut butter, too, like cashew or almond. The deli at my grocery can get a bit bougie, you see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite sandwich is my Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter sandwiches. Basically its Peanut Butter on both slices of bread. Why not just cut out the unimportant, second rate flavor you're trying to save by putting Peanut Butter on it.

    I loves me some Peanut Butter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:34 PM

    PEATNUT BETTER AND MOALASSES IT TEH DLEICIOUS!!!1

    :p

    -NUNYA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peanut Butter+Bacon+Banana sandwich, fried, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ckutalik Said it correctly. All other forms of sandwich pale before the awesomeness of peanut butter and pickle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i, too, enjoyed many a peanut butter and pickle sammich as a wee lad. i though i was the only one.

    nowadays i fall more toward what a friend's father once said: "the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich i ever had was the one where i forgot the jelly."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:06 AM

    Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are great, especially with an extra thick layer of crunchy peanut butter and not actual butter.

    Mind you, I also like toasted cheese with honey and chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete