One of the weird things about this game is its use of d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24 and d30 type dice. Personally, I currently own some d24s and a d30. The d24 I got for a game that used a lot of 4d6 rolls that I thought was too tame. I never ended up running that game, but I've still got the dice.
I know quite a few gamers. Lots of these people treat dice like magical totems. Many of them collect dice. But the only folks I know that I suspect own everyone one of these dice are Kathleen and Josh. And I'm pretty sure they didn't have a d24 until I gave one of my spares at a con.
So here's today's survey for anyone caring to weigh in:
- Of the set [d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24, d30] how many of these dice do you own?
- If you own any of them, which ones do you have?
- If you wanted to get some or all of them, where is the first place you would look?
- Does the need for these funky dice change your opinion about trying the DCC rpg?
My own answers are:
- Some d24s and a d30. (The d24s I got for a game that used a lot of 4d6 rolls that I thought was too tame. I never ended up running that game, but I've still got the dice.)
- I'd ask my local FLGS if they could get them in. If that wasn't feasible I'd got to either Gamestation or G-Squared.
- I am not discouraged. Maybe some of that old "what the crap is this?" magic can be regained this way. I dunno.