Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Get in the stew pot!

Like some gaming Krishnamurti, Zak S. has declared that we are all free to run games whenever we want, thanks to Google+ hangouts.  I've stayed the hell away from online play for a long time, but at his urging I am giving it a go next Monday at super-early o'clock, as part of his ConstantCon 2011 effort.  Details follow.
--------------------------------------
HALFLING STEW

Day - Monday, August 1st, 2011

Start Time - 4:30 AM Chicago/6:30 PM Tokyo (Did I do that right? I'm a provincial yokel.)

System(s) - Basic/Expert D&D/Labyrinth Lord/etc.

Level - 1

Everyone bring a first level halfling. Roll 3d6 in order. If you don't get a Dex 9 and a Con 9 you may swap stats to achieve those minimums. If you didn't roll two scores of at least 9 please cheat.

Don't bother buying equipment, as you start without any, in the troll's stewpot.

When speaking in character you are encouraged to use an outrageous French accent.

This session will last no more than 2 hours.

Contact info: jrients@gmail.com
--------------------------------------

Shoot me an email if you want on the player list.  As I type this I have one player.  I believe there can be up to ten people in a Google+ video chat.

7 comments:

  1. This would RAWK but I have no webcam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc you can get a web cam for under 10$. My wife got a webcam and a headset for like 12$ at target last year.

    I'd love to play Jeff but I'll be on the road and w/out convenient inter net.
    BTW, I've been playing online for a couple of years and 2 hours is pretty good session length. I've found, however, that if you are doing a dungeon crawl type thing, that you can go on a good deal longer with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, email sent. 5:30 am local time I believe (you are 1 hour behind EST?)

    Mike D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, if I'm Krishnamurti and a hobbit does that mean I'm a smurf?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for coordinating times, I recommend www.timeanddate.com and its meeting planner.

    Allows a look at coordinating 4 timezones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fantastic to me. I'm on the West Coast, but I'm nocturnal, so it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too be honest, I've never played basic dnd. As a newer generation of gamer I kind of got sucked into 3.5 and 4e. But I'm always willing to branch out, so if I can find a way to create characters for this and very likely be up for it.

    ReplyDelete