Monday, April 16, 2007

Position filled

MARY TAMM is...


Lydia Spencer, Agent 799

Thanks for all the suggestions for an actress to play my female James Bond 007 pregen. I decided to go with Mary Tamm because her protrayal of Romana on Dr. Who reflected exactly what I was looking for in this character: slightly snobbish but amazingly competent, with a razor sharp dry wit. I'll admit that I toyed with the idea of giving this character a silly Bond Girl name. But she's not a Bond Girl, is she? This character is a full-fledged MI6 agent like the rest of the PCs and saddling her with a name like Chastity Naughtybottom would be completely unfair.

7 comments:

  1. Gotta love Romana. Now, do I win a prize? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two one-way tickets to Doctor No's island are already in the mail. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:47 AM

    For some reason, I was thinking vintage Connie Booth. A strange choice, but one I feel may have worked. For all that, she wasn't even a real Brit!--born in Indy, married Cleese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And at 7.99 she's quite a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Romana's always been one of my favorites.

    Incidentally, if I disappear from commenting here or on the Run Club blog, I can't seem to hold on to an account. I sign up for one, it works for about a day, and then it stops acknowledging the password. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:46 AM

    Zachary: I curl up at the feet of Connie Booth and worship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being stuck on a desert island with Ursula Andress? Fantastic. Now I'll just burn one of these tickets ...

    ReplyDelete