Thursday, April 19, 2007

Been a long time gone, Paul Crabaugh

Some of you nice readers may recall my article Jeff salutes: Paul Montgomery Crabaugh, my look at some excellent game articles written by an obscure but talented author. Today I got a new comment on that piece:
Paul passed away in August of 1985. He was one of my housemates in Santa Monica after we all graduated from UCLA in the late 70s. His writing style was breezy and easy to read, and he had a sharp wit. He had one unpublished novel, "The Autostart World", and had written a script for Battlestar Galactica (the original series) that he eagerly tried to sell.

Paul was a good friend, and I miss him a lot. Thanks so much for remembering him!

-- Dave Opstad
Cripes, what a day. It's like my childhood is disintegrating around me.