Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Odinsday Update #2: News travels fast

[The following text was emailed to my D&D group.]

By the time your group returns to the town of Osvar, local skalds have already caught wind of your deeds. The bard's tale of how Erik, Hjorek, and Thorne rescued Inga Pure-Maiden (*cough*) from the Ape-Demons doesn't quite match events as they transpired. But retelling the tale nets you some free meads and swooning maidens. After a couple days enjoying your celebrity a new caravan arrives from the west, and Osvar once again becomes a bustling commercial venture with little time for diversions.

Osala the Sagess is delighted to add the kobold's gorilla-idol to her collection of curiosities, and the jolly old dame fills you with cookies and tea. You receive a finder's fee of 100gp and a promise of more if you can supply her with other such oddities. If you have any questions you'd like to put to her, now would be a good time. Keep in mind that I will have to totally make up many answers, so it may take me a while to get back to you.

[I'll post any particularly good lines of inquiry.]

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    On first-read through, I mentally rhymed "sagess" with "haggis."

    I got it the second time around, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got that beat; I thought Jeff had written Ogress for some bizarre reason. And when I first read s. john ross's comment I thought she was serving the PCs haggis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! The Ogress is a totally different NPC that the party hasn't met yet. Maybe I could have her serve them haggis seasoned with sage.

    ReplyDelete