Friday, December 01, 2006

A brief transcript

My Wife Amy: While you were at your game last week A Charlie Brown Christmas was on. I tried to get Elizabeth to come watch it, but she was too busy playing her Dora computer game. What's wrong with her?

Me: We've got that on DVD now. She can watch it 365 days in a row if she wants. It's not like when we were kids and if Charlie Brown Christmas or Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer were on you came a-running, cause you couldn't risk missing it.

Amy: Yeah, but there's still something special about the network broadcast!

Me: Speaking of Rudolf, we should get that on DVD.

Amy: I dunno. I never much cared for Rudolf.

Me: Well, what I really want is The Adventures of Yukon Cornelius.

Amy: ...

Me: Except that show doesn't exist.

Amy: [dirty look]

Me: Did you know Yukon Cornelius once wrestled the Abominable Snowman? And they both went over a cliff?

Amy: [rolling eyes] Yeah, I know.

Me: That guy is awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Bumbles bounce, baby. Bumbles bounce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Did that involve any couch-sleeping? I get what you're saying though....I hate watching it on TV when the DVD is available and in my FREAKING hands right now!!!

    Best,

    Adaen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Did that involve any couch-sleeping?"

    No way! If me acting like that warranted a night on the couch I'd never sleep in the bed! My wife puts up with a lot of nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:47 AM

    There is a Rudolf Monopoly game out there. I mention it only because it comes with a Yukon Cornelius miniature.

    ReplyDelete