Friday, November 24, 2006

new forum: GameCraft

Levi Kornelson's got a bit of a reputation as 'the nice Forgite'. While he's certainly one of the nicest gamers I've met online, I think his rep oversimplifies the situation. His body of work and online writings make it crystal clear that he's not a Cultist of Edwards or GNS-uber-alles type. Also, there are other nice Forge people.

Whatever the case, Levi has started a new forum called GameCraft. It's about the craft of gaming. I'm a big fan of utilitarian names like that. Hence, 'Jeff's Gameblog'.

2 comments:

  1. I'm of two minds about this forum, and my involvement in it.

    One of those minds sez, "Dude,it's Kornelsen's site! Go go go!"

    The other one, however, says, "Craft is the honeytrap in which you were mired for so long. Do you really want to tempt yourself with that again?"

    My third mind, meanwhile, is wondering why I can't just play a f***ing gameonce in a f***ing while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:55 AM

    The problem with craft is the following: You can only talk shop if assuming the same game setup and goals. This leads inexorably to theory debates. First you have to establish the common baseline upon which craft can be built. That is the fallacy of all craft talk.

    ReplyDelete