Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Don't forget...

Today is National Throw the Fuckers* Out Day! Vote early! If you live in the greater Chicago area, don't forget to vote often!

Also, stock up on liquor. If the election is stolen (*cough*again*cough*) I recommend that we all booze up and riot.

Funnily enough, I voted for more Republicans than ever this year. But that's only because state politics in Illinois are so utterly corrupt that I can't bring myself to vote for some incumbents no matter what their party affiliation. Also, the two local candidates I selected based solely on actual qualifications happen to be Repubs. Crazy, I know.

*The word choice here was actually a source of some consideration. "Bums" is traditional, but didn't seem strong enough. I considered "bastards", but since I'm adopted and the probability that I was born a bastard is absurdly high, I don't usually go with that one unless I'm being ironic. "Fuckers" was my third choice. As I type this I'm thinking maybe I should have gone with "assholes". I dunno.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Funnily enough, most people are voting that way - not liking the Republicans very much, but not liking the Democrats at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:53 PM

    I do my best to vote "party-blind" and focus on those issues I consider important (which can vary by day), but when in doubt I follow this simple set of prioritized methods:

    (Master Rule): Vote with your issues. If you have no strong issues on which to vote, then default to the following:
    (A) Vote against the incumbent, even if the incumbent has done a good job.
    (B) If there is no running incumbent, vote against whomever the incumbent is stumping for.
    (C) If (A) and (B) provide no clear direction, vote against whomever has been running the smarmiest and phoniest ad campaign.
    (C) If the ad campaigns seem equally smarmy and phony, vote against the most expensive one, on the theory that the ability to produce an equally smarmy campaign on a smaller budget is at least something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your methodology looks good. I tend to sneak a little nod to the 3rd parties into my own schema, at least when we're talking about greens and libertarians. But for the last two elections the Republicans have done a good job of pushing me into the arms of the Democrats, at least with regards to national offices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:41 PM

    Ahh, Jeff - you know I'm a diehard conservative who sees Rush Limbaugh as too liberal, but I'll admit to voting to turn out all the judges on general principle.

    And yes, my team got cleaned; but we'll fire the coach and get ready for the next game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:57 AM

    The real tragedy, though, is that we've condemned a man to death:

    http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27269196.shtml

    Let's see if he keeps his promise or wimps out. ;)

    ReplyDelete