Wednesday, November 29, 2006

crossposted from theRPGsite

I'm one or two sesssions from finishing my current D&D campaign and it feels pretty damn good. After almost 25 years DMing this will be the first time I've ended a full length campaign exactly the way I want to. The first session featured our heroes fighting some bandits and giant rats. That was in May of '05. Last night one guy karate kicked Surtur to death. Next session features the Final Battle at the End of Time. Our opponents include:

Tharizdun
Tiamat
Loki
Nerull
the Midgard Serpent
Demogorgon
Orcus
Lolth
and some balrogs thrown in for good measure

The best part is that I still have one of my original players from that first night in May and he's running his original PC. Angus the Half-Orc has seen a helluva lot over the last year and a half.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Dibs on the Serpent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:12 PM

    You can have the serpent. I want the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Best of luck, to the party. Completing a campaign in a non-"fizzled-out" fashion is definitely an accomplishment.

    ~Adaen of Bridgewater, High Adventure Games

    ReplyDelete