Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tonight is Star Wars night!

Tonight is the first run of my new Star Wars campaign. We're using the Saga edition rules, but I hope to run it with a lighter touch than my recent D&D outings. We took 'getting the rules right' very seriously, but for this campaign the emphasis will be on getting Star Warsy action first, correct rules interpretation third. (What's second? I dunno, but I want to leave room for something else to be second.) I think my Prussian pal Settembrini would call this method "roll & shout".

We'll be starting the campaign in media res, which is Latin for "Look out! TIE Fighters are zapping your ship!"

3 comments:

  1. We'll be starting the campaign in media res, which is Latin for "Look out! TIE Fighters are zapping your ship!"

    There is no other way to start a Star Wars campaign. It's illegal, and you turn yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    My campaigns always start in a darkened starport, with a nervous NPC saying something like "You're sure the Empire won't get wind of this?" [two-beat pause] followed by a hail of Stormtrooper blaster-fire.

    So, similar aesthetic, just on feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap! I'mgonna take two actions-- one to dodge into the alcove to my right, the other to draw my bla--

    ...

    ...

    ahem.

    ReplyDelete