Thursday, January 25, 2007

The joys of ROM #24, part 1

The same week I scored some Team America I also got a few issues of ROM: Spaceknight, another Bill Mantlo scripted mind trip. This one features a trip to Xandar, the world that is home to Nova and the Champions of Xandar, a sort of also-ran space super-team that was eclipsed by the more popular Guardians of the Galaxy. Though Nova himself has had a recent relaunch that some people are saying is cool. Anyway, issue number 24 of ROM includes one of those great old D&D ads that was itself a comic strip.

Click on the thumbnail to awesome-size it.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 AM

    If you've decided to discover trippy tie-in comics of the Kickass Age, don't forget to get around to this one:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/US1-TRUCKING-COMICS-FULL-SET-1-12-MARVEL-1980s-US-1_W0QQitemZ120076390111QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2619QQcmdZViewItem

    I was one of the three people on the planet who followed it religiously. Chicken-powered spacecraft in HIGH OCTANE TRUCKING ACTION.

    Retroactively declared a 12-issue maxi-series when they decided it wasn't going to last.

    Not sure if my posts are getting through at all, but if they are: Hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10-4! I read you loud and clear, good buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some day, I will have each and every one of those old D&D ads.

    Blown up to 500%. In frames. On a wall, in a specila place in my home, in sequential order.

    And a hologram of my family, because I know where to go to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:07 PM

    They don´t make em like this anymore.

    ReplyDelete