- Roll 3d6 in order for six stats: Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intelligence, Personality, Luck
- Stat bonuses work as in 3.x: +1 for 12-13, +2 for 14-15, +3 for 16-17, etc.
- Strength modifies melee attacks and damage.
- Agility modifies missile attacks (and damage? I'm not sure), intiative, Armor Class and Reflex saves
- Stamina modifies hit points and Fort saves
- Intelligence modifies spell casting rolls (see Sunday's post for how that works) and Will saves
- We didn't really talk to any NPCs, so I don't know how Personality works
- Luck is weird. What it modfies is determined by a separate d8 roll. I ended up with my Luck modifying all damage rolles. Other guys got mods to saves and to-hits. Also, Goodman noted that Luck is subject to alteration much moreso than other stats.
- Most operations are d20 throws.
- AC is ascending, base 10. Scale mail is +4 AC, chain +5.
- Weapon damage seems pretty much like you'd expect. A battleaxe does d8, a spear does d6, etc.
- The chart for randomly assigning race, profession and starting equipment to zero level characters is supposed to appear in the final product.
- Not much of a skill system. Your class and/or occupation broadly cover what you can do.
- The charsheet has fields for "Actions" and "Weapon Proficiencies" but neither came up in play so I don't know what they do.
- Ninefold alignment.
- There are classes, but I couldn't really tell you what they are, since it was a zero-level game.
Release the Kraken on Pendershire!
45 minutes ago